9.01.2011

Can't wait for January!

If y'all don't already know about Created for Care you definitely should!! Last year my awesome adoption mama friend Andrea came up with the idea. She wanted a weekend for other adoption mom's to be able to get together, be encouraged in their journey, motivate one another, and grow closer to the Lord. She called the weekend retreat Created for Care and expected maybe 25 women to sign up... 250 did!! Obviously this is something we mama's were craving! I signed up but had to miss it because we were headed back to Ethiopia later that week to bring our sweet boy home (never a better reason to miss something!) ;) But this year I am going!!

Registration for the January 2012 Created for Care retreat opened last night at midnight. There were 400 spots available... they sold out in less than ten hours!!! I registered shortly after midnight and I'm SO glad I stayed up to do it!

So what kind of wonderful things will I be doing with all my best adoption mama friends? Oh my goodness I'm so excited....

I'll kick things off with the first breakout session: “Using Your Blog for Outreach and Ministry” (super excited about that and the awesome panel of bloggers). Then there's a main session with worship and prayer, dinner, coffee, chocolate (what?!) and an opportunity to get together with all my AGCI/Ethiopia mama's! That's just the first night!!!

Saturday is going to be full of more main sessions with encouragement, worship and prayer... then a couple more breakout sessions. I *think* I'm going to "News about HIV & Orphans and Realistic Expectations in Adoption" and "Helping Your Child Know and Experience God." There are so many incredible sessions to choose from that it's really hard to pick! Then there's a pajama party panel!! 


Things end Sunday with another main session and lots of hugs I'm sure. I'm so excited to get together with these women who all share the same passion and calling. We've journeyed together through one of the most amazing experiences and that bond makes us friends even before we've met. It's going to be awesome.


Check out the video and bring out the tissues...

5 comments:

Randee said...

Lauren,
I will be there too and hope to meet you! I registered the minute the link became available and I'm so glad I did :) I've been following your blog since last fall, and we are on a WL to adopt a baby son from Ethiopia so I love it! January come quick!

Randee

Ashley said...

thanks for sharing the video...my family is in there! :0) I was there last year, and will be again this year! Hopefully we can connect!

Alison said...

I registered this morning, and I am so thankful I got in! I can't wait to go back to C4C this year...and I can't wait to meet you in person! :)

For this journey we're on... said...

Ahh I know! So super duper excited! January is going to be a great month! Katherine Grace turns a year old... AND the retreat! Wow! Plus... we get to be roomies! So exciting!

Angela Braniff said...

I am so excited to meet you! And of course our room is going to be crazy fun!