9.26.2011

A Very Special Day

Today my Mareto is one year old! I can hardly even wrap my mind around all the things that my heart is feeling. I need time to process my thoughts and feelings before I share them with words. Instead, for now, I will overload you with more pictures than you could possibly ever want to see! : )

We chose to have Mareto's baby dedication at church yesterday and then we threw a very small party with family only after the service. It was completely wonderful!

Our pastor said some words and then this video (shortened gotcha video) was shown ...

Then we walked up to the front for the pastor to pray over our precious little gift from God...

With his Pap (my dad) and Mommy...

Then it was home for a nap and then... PARTY!!!

(I had pictures of each month of Mareto's life from "nearly new" to 11 months)

Free cake from Farm Fresh - in Ethiopia colors! :)

(hungry caterpillar cupcakes!)

Ethiopia love... flag, wooden toys, ball, and Mareto with his "Enat"... the woman who loved him first, labored to bring him into this world, and deserves all love and honor on this day.

Mareto and both his Grandma's...

Reading books with Pap...

Having fun with the balloons while waiting for cake!

Now THIS is how you eat a birthday cake!


All covered in frosting...

So happy!

Opening presents!

Fun with new toys...

High Five for an awesome party! :)


Happy Birthday precious boy. We love you more than words could ever express. You bring us such joy every day. Just looking at your sweet face makes my heart burst with love and overwhelming honor.

13 comments:

LORIENDEVON said...

I was hoping you would post this. I missed it yesterday but heard how sweet and touching it was. Much love to you, John and Mareto today, my friend:)

Monika said...

Happy birthday to Mareto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless You and Your family! Beautiful pictures, Mareto´s happy face is most perfect gift.

4 Blessings said...

Oh these pictures make me smile so much! Happy Birthday to you, Mareto! We love you.
Love,
Amy

Tara said...

I can't believe how big he is! It's like it just hit me now that he's ONE! You can already tell he has "swagger." ha ha and a smile that just gets you right in the heart. Happy Birthday baby boy!

Jennifer said...

Wow! Just wow! I have been reading along since before you went to Ethiopia the first time, but I am not good about commenting. I am just so happy for you and your family and Mareto!

The Stanfields said...

Happy birthday Mareto! What a wonderful party and a fun way to celebrate such a beautiful little boy!

Mrs. Miller said...

I don't know how I missed this post when it was posted, but Happy Birthday to Mareto! Looks like a wonderful party and a blessed day.

Linda said...

Beautiful post, beautiful boy, beautiful family!

That was truly a "smash cake!" Boys will be boys. (:>)

Happy first Birthday to Mareto!

{amy} said...

Happy birthday to your sweet boy!! I love all the pictures! :)

Lari said...

Happy Birthday Mareto! Glad it was a great one!

Critty said...

Happy 1st Birthday Mareto!!! Looks like it was a fabulous day!

Your sweet boy sure knows how to eat cake!!! :)

Desiree said...

Happy Birthday little guy! What a beautiful dedication & celebration of what God has done in your lives :) May God continue to bless you always!

BARBIE said...

Happy birthday Mareto! Looks like you had a fantastic day and enjoyed your cake!