10.25.2011

First Glimpse

One year ago today we had our very first glimpse of our precious baby boy! Yes, it's Mareto's referral-versary!! :D This day hold so many incredible memories for us! Since we got "the call" in the evening it was a day full of anxious wondering, hope, nerves, and excitement until it became THE day and then was full of squealing, laughter, tears, joy, and complete LOVE. You can read all about it here!

This was the very first picture that popped on our computer screen when we received our referral. Mareto was just 4 weeks old...


So much has changed since that day! We are no longer holding on to pictures and praying into the night for our son halfway across the world... now we hold him in our arms and pray for him while he sleeps in the room next door. It's heavenly!

Happy Referral-versaary sweet boy!! The day we saw your face is one of my all time favorites (second only to the day I finally held you in my arms!)

8 comments:

4 Blessings said...

I clearly remember squealing with excitement on that beautiful day.
Love ya,
Amy

Courtney said...

My how he's grown and changed! Enjoy today...with your son in your arms!

Penny said...

Oh my goodness, his eyes are so precious! ANd he has grown so much!!!

woosterweester said...

Oh what a sweet heart! So excited for your new addition too!

Janet said...

Wow, Lauren! I remember that picture. I remember reading when you were #4 and the HH10 referral stretch was still going. I remember the excitement everyone had at that time. I can't believe it's been a year and that you're on your way to another little love. Congratulations!

Joyeful said...

I remember seeing his tiny clasped hands as well and this picture just pulls at my heart!!

Kristin said...

So precious! Such a beautiful story and miracle! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

I love that face & I have been so blessed to watch him grow via facebook. He is precious & you are all a beautiful family.