10.23.2011

A new little one is on the way!!

That's right! Mareto is going to be a big brother!!!! 

We are SO excited and over the top giddy to announce that...

WE ARE ADOPTING AGAIN!!! 

It brings me so much joy to be able to type those words! Let's see, where to begin? Well after spending our first week in Ethiopia we knew that we would definitely adopt again and that we would be back in Ethiopia doing just that someday. We just didn't know when or how. But little faces like these have been burned in our hearts...



Our transition with Mareto couldn't have been smoother! He has adjusted and bonded so well. He is such a good boy with the sweetest disposition and he loves other children. We just know he is going to be an amazing big brother and for the past month or so my heart has been aching for another child. I was surprised because I didn't expect that longing to come so soon after bringing home Mareto. But, the feeling has only increased over time and I finally shared my feelings with John. It turns out that John had been feeling the same way, so last Sunday we prayed and decided it was time to adopt again. God is preparing our child for us just as he is preparing our hearts for our next child. Now is the time and Ethiopia is the destination once again!

There are a few details we are still praying over. We are deciding between returning to AGCI (our wonderful agency that helped us bring Mareto home) and one other agency. We're leaning toward AGCI again, but are making sure to really pray through and explore this other option to the fullest. We are also praying about going on the wait list (as we did last time) or pursuing a specific child. I can't really give any more details about that at this point. The next question of course is boy or girl? Last time we specifically asked for a boy... this time we want to be surprised!

The next thing we are praying for right now is that God would provide in a miraculous way! With Mareto's adoption we had been saving money for years beforehand and had a big chunk of change to pay for our first contracting fee (roughly $8,000). Then we were able to fundraise and save the rest. This time we are starting at $0. We used all our savings to bring home Mareto so we will have to fundraise the entire $30,000! That seems so scary, but we know that it IS possible!!!

Will you commit to praying for us and our next little one? It's going to be quite a journey and we are so excited to see how God orchestrates another beautiful adoption story. Mareto's was and still is incredibly miraculous and wonderful. That God would call us to adopt again and allow us to be a part of his redemption story just blows us away! We are so blessed!

31 comments:

Critty said...

Oh. Lauren.

How very exciting for you and John and sweet Mareto!!!

Praying from this day forward. For God to show you and your family just how BIG He is and for that sweet baby that will call your family their own.
Money is no issue for the BIG God we have. Nothing is impossible with Him.

<3

Brittany said...

Congratulations! How very exciting!

lindsey said...

Ahhhhh yes!!!!!!!! Congratulations you guys! I am SO excited for y'all! I recently watched your Gotcha Day video and have been thinking about and praying for you guys so much! I can't wait to see what God does in your lives and with your new child.

Jenni said...

Praying with your family as you make decisions. Congratulations!

Maria @ The Trochelmans said...

I'm so excited for you all! I'll be praying along side your family!

Kim said...

So unbelievably excited for your family!!!!

Jennifer said...

Very excited for you! I had almost the same referral date and court date, but it took until the end of March to bring my boys home. The wait almost killed me. I hope you have smooth sailing the second time around too! Good Luck. Loved your video.

Mrs. Miller said...

Congratulations Lauren, John and Mareto. Joining you in prayer through this process.

{amy} said...

How exciting!! I know that what God has put on your heart He will provide for!

Kristin said...

I am just so excited!!!! I love your new blog look too! :) Can't wait to watch and see how God puts together every single detail again to bring your little one to you!

Alison said...

Oh, Lauren, I am just thrilled to hear this news!!! I had been hoping that ya'll would start the adoption process again soon! So excited for ya'll! God provided every penny of our adoption costs through donations and fundraising, and I know He will do the same for ya'll! Excited to follow your next adoption journey!!!

Kim said...

Congratulations! So exciting!

Kelly said...

So exciting!!! Definitely will be praying!!!

BARBIE said...

Lauren, I am so excited for your family. I will definately be keeping this process in my prayers!

Jen said...

God is so amazing, it's breathtaking.
Thanks for sharing your adoption stories with us, it gives us HOPE to someday make it possible, too.

Behn and Meg said...

This is great news! Praise God! I'll be praying for all the decisions and fundraising to come.

Monika said...

Wow, so exciting news!!! We will pray for you!!! I´m so happy for you!!!

Penny said...

How exciting!! Congratulations! I know Mareto will be a wonderful big brother!!!

Jamie said...

yay!!! so happy for y'all!!
you should get in contact Beth @ give1save1 :)

Desiree said...

YAY!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Mattie said...

Yay! Oh congratulations!!!!

Jim and April said...

yay yay yay cannot wait to read your blogs and walk this journey and pray for you as you go along it! I am so excited to see what child God has for you guys. We are so excited to adopt too but we are working on paying our debts off and medical bills from annabelle and other things first so we can pay for the next one but I understand the whole starting with $0, that is how we started with Isaac's adoption which costs around $27,000 but God provided it all! ;0)

Tara said...

This is amazing news Lauren and John! I'm so happy for you. I just don't understand why adoptions are so expensive when there are so many children in the US and abroad in need of a loving home and so many homes ready for them! I will be praying! I'm so excited for you and this next adventure. God will light your path!

Suzanne said...

Very exciting! If I can help you with your fundraising, please let me know.

Blessings,
Suzanne
onelessbrokenheart.blogspot.com
onelessorphan@yahoo.com

Jaimee said...

So excited for you and your family, Lauren! I'm praying with you and can't wait to see how He chooses to move!

Carrie said...

YAY!!! SO excited for you! WE thought about using another agency too, but I was just so comfortable with how AGCI handles everything and I love Hannah's Hope so we stuck with it....Can't wait to see GOd's next miracle planned for you!

angie @ the cellar door stories said...

congratulations on baby #2! we hope to be DTE in November for our first adoption....but I have heard that adopting is like tattoos....you usually don't stop with one ;)

if you are wanting more info on other agencies, we are with AWAA (also a Christian agency) and we've been very happy so far - feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

Shelby said...

I am SO happy for you!! I love your heart. I will be praying for your new little one and the funds to bring him/her into their forever home! Many blessings!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations Lauren! I'll be praying for the child that God already has in mind for you. Such exciting news for your family!

Joyeful said...

OH this is SO exciting!!!! I'm praying for God to provide in a huge way and for Him to lead your steps to the child He has for you. I just love your hearts and I love how God is building your family!!!

Wynne Elder said...

so so so excited! praying! started a prayer card for you :)